‘National Jewish Health’
Transitioning to Plant-Based Eating Support Group
This page is dedicated and maintained
by Vegan Chef Jeff Doucette.
All are welcome to attend these open meetings.
One Saturday of every month
New Recipes will be shared each meeting
10:00 a.m – 11:30 a.m.
Heitler Hall or Molly Blank Conference Center at National Jewish Health Main Campus
1400 Jackson Street Denver, CO 80206
Click Here For Directions
2019 Group Schedules And Links to content
(This section will be updated as content is added)
- January 19th
Topic: Demystifying Food Labels & Calorie Density
Guest Speaker: Justina Walls
- February 16th
Topic: Starting a plant-based lifestyle
- March 16th
Topic: The Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
Guest Speaker: Cody Adam. a registered dietitian who works in intensive cardiac rehab at St. Joseph Hospital using the Dean Ornish program for reversing heart disease.
Presentation: Click here
- April 20th
Topic: Embracing Spring Foods
2018 Group Schedules And Links to content
- December 15th
Topic: Warm Winter Soups / Recipes
– Resource: Overnight Oats Guide
– Resource: Dr. Esselstyn FAQ
- November 17th
Topic: Thanks Giving Plant Dishes / Recipes
– Recipe: Pumpkin Sweet Potato Pudding
– 14 Recipes: Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas
- October 20th
Topic: Overcoming Hurdles / Recipes
– Recipe: CJ Mayo / CJ Sour Cream
– Recipe: Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
– Recipe: 15 Oil-Free Dressings & Sauces
- September 15th
Topic: Eat The Rainbow – Meal Building Using Colors and open Q&A
– View Example Meals Video
– View material slideshow presentation
– Rolled Oats Cornbread Recipe
- August 18th
Guest Speaker: Chef Jeff Doucette
Topic: My background story of recovery from congestive heart failure, type-2, high blood pressure & cholesterol, and open Q&A.
– The slideshow that was playing while the group was gathering. 12 Slides showing different statistics and information regarding our health. Each slide is set on a 10-second interval before moving to the next slide.
– My profile slideshow detailing my accident, diagnosis, recovery and what I changed in order to make that happen.